LIVE Virtual Classes (Video Conference) 100% Interactive Learning) / Monday to Friday
10968: Designing for Office 365 Infrastructure
About this Course
This intensive instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and experience to implement Office 365 in a large corporate environment using the FastTrack three-phase delivery process of Pilot, Deploy, and Enhance. The course consists of two distinct parts:
- Lecture/Lab. Part One is the training phase of the course and consists of six modules. Each module has an associated paper-based lab that is based on an actual, real-world Office 365 deployment involving a medium-sized enterprise organization. The aim of the scenario is to confirm that students have learned the concepts from the modules.
- Case Study. Part Two is the testing phase and consists of a different scenario based on another real-world deployment, this time involving a large enterprise deployment. During the case study, students will work in groups to create a design solution for the organization that is based on the information provided in the scenario and gained from interviewing the instructor, who will role-play the part of the customer. Each group will then present its design to the remainder of the class..
This course is intended for consultants and IT professionals who are responsible for planning and implementing Office 365 in medium to large enterprise environments where there are complex factors within the client’s infrastructure that affect the migration process. The course student typically:
- Is an enterprise architect, IT consultant or IT professional that has already planned and implemented Office 365 in a large corporate environment.
- Has hands-on experience with Office 365
- Wants to know the design factors behind Microsoft’s new FastTrack approach to deploying Office 365 through rapid piloting of Office 365, followed by the Deploy and Enhance phases.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the Office 365 FastTrack deployment methodology
- Identify the benefits of the FastTrack approach compared to the current deployment process.
- Plan the Pilot phase of the FastTrack deployment process.
- Plan the Deploy phase to ensure this phase commences correctly.
- Plan the optional sections of the Enhance phase, depending on the customer’s requirements.
Module 1: The Office 365 Deployment Challenge
Module 2: Planning the Pilot Phase
Module 3: Planning the Deploy Phase – Part 1
Module 4: Planning the Deploy Phase – Part 2
Module 5: Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 1
Module 6: Planning the Enhance Phase – Part 2