LIVE Virtual Classes (Video Conference) 100% Interactive Learning) / Monday to Friday
MCSE: Server Infrastructure Boot Camp
MCSE: Server Infrastructure boot camp is 6 days of an intense deep dive into every aspect of Windows Server 2012. This boot camp is the starting point for the Windows 2012 technology. This boot camp incorporates Microsoft Courses: 20413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, and 20414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure. Students will take two exams with this boot camp which will validate the skills and knowledge necessary to design, implement, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an enterprise scaled, highly virtualized environment. They will also validate a candidate’s ability to plan, configure, and implement the Windows Server 2012 services, such as server deployment, server virtualization, and network access and infrastructure. The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure certification validates that you have the skills needed to run a highly efficient and modern data center, with expertise in identity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking. Earning an MCSE: Server Infrastructure certification will qualify you for such jobs as computer support specialist and information security analyst.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
- 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
About Our Boot Camps
Our boot camps are geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only pass the Microsoft Certification exams, but to also excel in their IT career paths. All of our boot camps are all-inclusive and include benefits such as:
- 100% Test Pass Guarantee
- All course materials, practice exams and official certification exams
- Onsite Pearson Vue Testing Center
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
- Airfare, lodging and transportation packages available (Option 2)
Candidates for this boot camp have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience. This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise AD DS infrastructure including the network services necessary. Candidates would typically have experience with previous versions of Windows Server.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan a server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an Active Directory organizational unit infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS topology.
- Plan and implement storage.
- Plan and implement file services.
- Design and implement network access services.
- Design and implement network protection.
- Describe the considerations for managing an enterprise data center.
- Plan and implement a server virtualization strategy using Microsoft System Center 2012.
- Plan and Implement networks and storage for virtualization.
- Plan and deploy virtual machines.
- Manage a virtual machine deployment.
- Plan and implement a server monitoring strategy.
- Plan and implement high availability for file services and applications.
- Plan and implement a high availability infrastructure by using failover clustering.
- Plan and implement a server-updates infrastructure.
- Plan and implement a business continuity strategy.
- Plan and implement a public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Plan and implement an Identity Federation Infrastructure.
- Plan and implement an Information Rights Management (IRM) infrastructure.
Plan and deploy a server infrastructure
- Design an automated server installation strategy
- Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure
- Plan and implement server upgrade and migration
- Plan and deploy Virtual Machine Manager services
- Plan and implement file and storage services
Design and implement network infrastructure services
- Design and maintain a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution
- Design a name resolution solution strategy
- Design and manage an IP address management solution
Design and implement network access services
- Design a VPN solution
- Design a DirectAccess solution
- Implement a scalable remote access solution
- Design a network protection solution
- Implement a network protection solution
Design and implement an Active Directory infrastructure (logical)
- Design a forest and domain infrastructure
- Implement a forest and domain infrastructure
- Design a Group Policy strategy
- Design an Active Directory permission model
Design and implement an Active Directory infrastructure (physical)
- Design an Active Directory sites topology
- Design a domain controller strategy
- Design and implement a branch office infrastructure
Manage and maintain a server infrastructure (25–30%)
- Design an administrative model
- Design a monitoring strategy
- Design an updates infrastructure
- Implement automated remediation
Plan and implement a highly available enterprise infrastructure (25–30%)
- Plan and implement failover clustering
- Plan and implement highly available network services
- Plan and implement highly available storage solutions
- Plan and implement highly available server roles
- Plan and implement a business continuity and disaster recovery solution
Plan and implement a server virtualization infrastructure (25–30%)
- Plan and implement virtualization hosts
- Plan and implement virtualization guests
- Plan and implement virtualization networking
- Plan and implement virtualization storage
- Plan and implement virtual guest movement
- Manage and maintain a server virtualization infrastructure
Design and implement identity and access solutions (20–25%)
- Design a Certificate Services infrastructure
- Implement and manage a Certificate Services infrastructure
- Implement and manage certificates
- Design and implement a federated identity solution
- Design and implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)