Social Media Manager
Social Media Marketing Certificate
Working knowledge of computer is required. Experience or basic used with common social media platforms is recommended.
Online PDF Manual will be distributed on class.
Web access required:
Lecture power point decks and additional resources will be on web site for download. Class participants may either print hard copies for class or bring personal laptops/tablets in order to work with soft copies. The center will not provide printed materials for class. Wireless Internet is available in all classrooms.
In this course, students will learn how to manage their brand (either personal or business) on social media and how to create a social media strategy. The Social Media Marketing Certificate will teach you the basics of content creation and management for most common social media. You will be introduced to the most popular platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google Plus. Learn which platforms are the best fits for your company and metrics for measuring your social media marketing success. This course will also address the legalities of social media and search-engine optimization. This class is an introduction to social media and is meant for individuals that have little to no knowledge about social media.
Criteria for Successful Completion:
90% attendance (5 classes) and 70% or better grade on assignments are required to receive a Certificate of Completion for this course.
Instructor: Mildred Ramírez, BBA, MIB, Social Media Specialist.
Upon successful completion of this class, the learner will be able to:
- Understand the history of Social Media and recognize various platforms.
- Manage Social Media within recommended guidelines and Copyright/Trademark regulations.
- Use Social Media through Content Management.
- Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Collaborative Marketing to effectively market through Social Media.
- Establish metrics for measuring Social Media marketing success.
- Create their own business in Social Media Management.
Session 1: Introduction (4 hrs)
- Introduction to the class
- Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- SEO/ SEM
- Email Marketing
- Success company stories
Assignment- Select a brand or company in Puerto Rico to focus on (discuss in class next day) – 1 hr
Session 2: Social Media Strategy and Planning (2 hrs)
- Strategy development
- Content Marketing- Copyrights and Content Creation
- Scheduling- Planning Worksheets
Assignment- Create social media strategy for your selecting brand or company- 2 hr
Session 3: Facebook Business (5 hrs)
- Introduction to Facebook
- Tips and Guides- Review Facebook Policy and Guidelines
- Setting a Fan Page account
Facebook Back (12 hrs)
- Analysis and Report (KPI)
- Business Manager
- Pixel and Remarketing
- Audience Insights
Assigment- Find an example of a good Fan Page and a bad Fan Page and explain why- 1 hr
Session 4: Instagram (2 hrs)
- Introduction to Instagram
- Setting a Business Account
- Tips and Guides
- Instagram Story
- Create advertising
Session 5: Google+ And Youtube Set-up and usage (1 hr)
- Introduction to Google
- Setting up a channel
- Managing content
Assignment- Complete creative campaign – 3 hrs)
Session 6: Social Media Business (6 hrs)
- Knowing your customer
- Organizing your business
- Business analysis
- Making proposal
- Business Legal Structure
Session 7: Influencers (1 hr)
- Who are they?
- How to find them
- How to use them to benefit your brand
Total Contact Hours: 40